Sunday, April 23, 2017

The best compliment I could receive

I have always said that the universe gives you what you put out. Last week the universe brought an amazing new patient my way. I happened to notice that he works for Character Lab in Philadelphia. I shared with him that my husband and I are volunteers with the Travis Manion Foundation and that we give "Character Does Matter" presentations. We spoke a lot that day about the importance of character development in children and the importance of people like us out there assisting in development of character. If Jim and I can help 1 child each presentation the day is a success. At the end of our visit together the patient told me that he works with Angela Duckworth the author of Grit and he was going to bring me a special gift, and to keep doing what I'm doing. He returned the next day with an autographed copy and the best compliment I could have received. Keep doing what your doing and stay gritty!  The book is a life changer, I highly reccomend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment